This form should be used by students with extenuating circumstances that prevented the student from attending class or enrolling at the university such as:
• Significant illness or injury
• Significant illness or death of an immediate family member
• Military deployment/call to active duty
• Enrollment/attendance at another college/university while never attending class at
Fitchburg State University
In all cases, verification from sources other than the student is required (completed health care provider verification form or letter from health care professional on letterhead, copy of death certificate or obituary, copy of military orders, verification of class non-attendance from faculty, etc.)
Circumstances Not Sufficient to Support a Tuition Refund Appeal Include, But Are Not Limited to:
• Not being aware of add/drop deadlines or forgetting you were registered.
• Lack of familiarity with student information systems.
• Insufficient financial aid and/or financial hardship.
• Dropping courses to avoid low grades.
• Deciding that school/work/life responsibilities are too overwhelming.
• Academic or Disciplinary Dismissal.
• Dissatisfaction with instructor or course content or determining that courses you took
do not meet your academic and/or personal goals.
• Advising, or other academic department processing issues, are not considered a